Is a project to be realized on the principles of private-state partnership, which means the participation of a private investor, namely OAO Freight Village Kaluga, and municipal and state partners represented by the Government of the Kaluga region, OAO Kaluga Region Development Corporation and the Administration of Borovsky District of the Kaluga region.
Freight Village Kaluga (FVK) is a large-scale intermodal logistical centre with no analogues in Russia. It provides with complex transport, logistic and maintenance service in compliance with the European standards of transport and logistic services. In future, the integration of FVK into the European DGG network is planned.
The purpose of FVK is the unification of independent transport, warehouse, distribution and logistic companies, manufacturers and traders, which interact on the various stages of commodities flow, with a common access to multimodal terminal and basic cargo corridors, in a common cluster on the territory of Vorsino Industrial Park.
A customs office has been functioning on the territory of FVK since October of 2013.
The first stage of the project has been completed now, and it includes:
- Foreign trade business centre of B+ class with the area of 3,000 m2, providing state services in the sphere of foreign trade;
- Temporary storage warehouse of 2,800 m2 area;
- Container site of 20,000 m2;
- Railway cargo terminal with 6 rails with 1,050 m of useful length;
- Parking zone for 340 trailers and open ground for customs inspection;
- Office building of the railway warehouse of 420 m2 area;
- Check-points at the entrances to the railway and automobile grounds;
- Engineering systems, including water, gas and energy supply, sewerage and communications;
- 7 km-long ring motorway.
The second stage of the construction of the multimodal transport and logistic terminal Freight Village Kaluga stipulates the construction of A-class cross-docking warehouses with the total area of 113,000 m2.